Thursday, January 3, 2008

Preparations




Like any one who reads this actually cares about my preparations, but this post is really only a test, be it that I have no idea what I'm doing, I'm still kind of confused what a blog is, and I want to see if it works..
So for anyone who doesn't know, I'm moving to Aix-En-Provence, France (featured on the bottom right) for the semester....and I'm totally excited!! My friend who I am staying with in London, before I reach Aix, sent an itinerary of activities we will be doing while I'm there and it sounds awesome. We're going to see Buckingham Palace, St.Paul's Cathedral, Big Ben & Parliament ( featured on the upper right) , and other touristy things. Possibly see a show at the Royal Albert Hall (according to my friend, it's very English).
I started packing today, because my parents are tired of my crap being in their house, so I have to move it to a storage unit. However, this packing business is hard. Trying to narrow down the wardrobe, especially the shoe wardrobe, is a seemingly impossible task.
So in classic Lauren fashion, my visa appointment is on the 10th, which is 2 days before I leave, ...everything better work out alright! Other than that, I'm pretty much set, and the countdown continues. 2 more weeks!!

1 comment:

LeftyMama said...

What a fantastic opportunity, L! I'm so jealous. If I weren't otherwise committed (blasted motherhood!), I'd certainly be trying to arrange a visit while you're abroad.

The blogging thing is pretty simple with Blogger; you're already doing better than many, having mastered the image upload process.

Looking forward to reading about your adventures! Enjoy yourself to the max and stay safe.