Monday, March 3, 2008

Eventhough a gypsy gave me SARS, I still LOVE Paris

SO I'm pretty sure a gypsy that came in freakishly close contact with me at the Eiffel Tower gave me SARS, but than again it could just be a nasty cough....ANYWAYS Paris is my jam. I love this city. It's absolutely beautiful. All those rumors about Paris being dirty are lies. I didn't see a spot of trash or anything gross the whole time I was there, nothing but loveliness. We hit up the Louvre, the D'Orsay, Eiffel Tower, Champs-Elysée, Arc de Triomphe, Notredame, La Seine, the Latin Quarter, pretty much everything but sweet shopping, because when you travel with boys, shopping is NOT on the list (don't worry mom, i'm sure I'll be going back). We managed to hit up all the museums on the free days, yatzee! The Louvre was kind of blah, full of gypsy trinkets and statutes, nothing that great. Saw Mona, she was chillin' with 5000 people in front of her. The Musée d'Orsay was waaaaay better. I saw lots of amazing impressionist work and pointillism. I even saw my Renoir that I am copying in art class. That was very cool. We hit up the Eiffel at the best time. Even though we had to dodge gypsies the whole time in line, we finally made it through the line and managed to get up the tower while the sun was setting. Then, by the time we made it down it was dark and the tower was lit up. This, in my opinion, is the best time to see the tower. We went to this awesome famous old bookstore near the notredam called Shakespeare & CO., I bought a sweet old book, and jammed out on their piano for a bit. We didn't experience much of a night life in Paris, 1 we are poor, 2 the metro closes at 1:30, so you have to cut the party short. Therefore we had our own party in our 2 star hotel room drinking wine, eating chocolate pudding (which comes in cute little glass jars, by the way), and watching episodes of South Park and The Office. Paris is by far one of my favorite cities in the world, I can't wait to go back.

My Renoir I found at the d'Orsay! Remi and Trafto gaining knowledge at Shakespeare's

Hunting for hunchbacks....
Turning Japanese in front of the d'Orsay
La Seine at Night...très beau!
I.M.Pei is my man: the Louvre
Katie, Remi, Trafton, and Moi standing on the center of Paris

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you are sick, hope you feel better!!!Here's sending you some chicken soup!!Mom

Unknown said...

Funny, I actually know which foot is yours!!!Mom

Laura Gayle said...

Great pictures! I'm glad I'm not the one that gave you SARS from HK. I would have felt bad about not wearing a sick-mask. PS: Thanks for the update on Spain. I'll go somewhere else first.